Airdroid for iPhone?
  • I wonder when the "AirDroid" will be released for iPhone? Even though with different name like "AirOS" I dunno ...
  • You can't, at least not with the same feature-set as the Android version.

I don't think there's any access at all to a filesystem, so you throw that File manage out (well, I guess you could keep it for uploads to Airdroid specifically and downloads from Airdroid as internal storage access is not allowed).

I don't think existing Ringtone access is allowed since ringtones are probably DRM'd up.  Similarly, music is probably not likely to be accessible by Airdroid (you could probably have a remote control type thing, but you wouldn't be able to play on the remote device)

I don't think the call log is accessible either, so throw that out the window.

App list is likely also not permitted.

(not 100% sure about this, but from what I hear) You also need to
    confirm access to your (for example) contact list, photos and possibly
    text messages every time (assuming you're able to access those features;
    I hear most of them were only introduced several months ago).  Someone
    feel free to confirm or deny this. 

So in short: if they decided to make a port, there almost wouldn't be a point -- not necessarily because they don't want to, but because of the policies enforced on that platform.  To wit, I suspect a Blackberry port would be feasible, and possibly a WindowsPhone version as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged