Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Desktop won't connect to the link provided by phone

edited December 2011 in AirDroid Web Issues
When I try and connect with my desktop to the address provided by my phone it doesn't always connect. It says 'sending request' then just times out. Sometimes it does work, but rarely.

I am using Google Chrome and both of my devices are in the same WIFI network. I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and a Macbook.

Please help.
«134

Comments

  • I am having the same problem. I have yet to have my IP/URL connect in the browser. I Have a Galaxy S2 (T989) and a Windows 7 Laptop and I have tried latest versions of Chrome and Internet Explorer.
  • Same problem.  Mine won't connect at all on IE9 or Chrome.  I've tried the 8888 port and a custom, no difference.
  • edited February 2012
    Guys, please try ping the IP address generated on your device without the port number to see if the connection is good. 

    e.g. say AirDroid generates 192.168.1.100:8888

    then try to ping 192.168.1.100 from your desktop.
  • I have the same problem.
    I checked the ping from 192.168.1.50 which was generated by my device.
    The connection was stable. but when I try to load the page in my browser nohing happens.

    p.s: I have nexus one.
  • I guess this could be a firewall issue. I have kaspersky. maybe it blocks incoming and outgoing connections?!

  • I turned off my router firewall. This allowed me to connect. BUT
    I have two android phones and I installed AirDroid on both - I think I cannot connect both together at the same time - some time have to pass between connecting the one after the other - probably a name should be added for unique ID of each phone for each connection...
  • I think it's a problem with my wifi.

    Devices seem to clash somehow. I don't know what to do.

    I don't have a firewall.
  • I had a lot of trouble with this because of Droidwall. I changed that from whitelist to blacklist mode, which seems to have helped. I wish it could work in whitelist mode, though!
  • Interestingly, I got an error message when I attempted to connect my Droid Razr with my desktop (running the latest version of Chrome), but I was able to connect my Asus Transformer Eepad tablet and my desktop with no problem. I use Lookout Security on both devices, so that does not appear to be the problem. I note that the Droid Razr generates a 192.168.1.104:8888 IP address, while the tablet generates 192.168.1.100:8888, which works. Do you know a reason why the phone is generating a different IP address than the tablet?
  • I am also having issues connecting from my desktop to the ip generated by my device. I do not have any firewalls active and all the tests that I run like: ping, traceroute and whois, are getting a "timed out" message. I have tried connecting through Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE9 and Maxthon on my Windows 7 partition and I have also tried connecting from my Ubuntu 11.10 partition.

    If anybody finds a fix for this please let me know. I am not going back to remote desktop after my first taste of this app yesterday, when it worked...
  • Same here. Running Ubuntu 11.10. Unable to connect via Chrome. IP given is not receiving a ping. Use to work fine - I don't know what changed. Atrix.
  • if use Droidwall allow the Kernel connection, it worked for me
    sorry for my bad English
  • BigTKirk; I think it's because they're different devices.  The IP Address is SUPPOSED to be unique to each device.  If they had the same address, your browser wouldn't know which to connect to... and you'd get other network problems as well.
    I could be wrong...
  • ping times out too.  I don't get it.  I guess I can't complain because it is a free service, but man.
  • Okay, it's connecting fine after about 40 market updates this morning (including a Wifi Manager update). After these updates were applied I restarted my phone and it works perfect. I'm pretty sure it was a Wifi Manager bug.