External SD-card not detected

Hi,

The internal SD card of my droid 3 is detected just fine, but the external isn't.
My pictures are on my external card so I can't use this to transfer pictures.
Other wise one of the best (free) apps i've seen.

Thanks

Comments

• It's a known bug and we're working on it now. Stay tuned  :)
  • Thanks for the headsup and quick reply!
  • Hi Guys - Same problem with DROID RAZR if hardware matters.

I agree with Doubleyoupee - one of the best!

Thanks,

- Frank
  • Greetings:

I have the same problem on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2.

Otherwise great APP!
  • Ye if only transferring my 720p MKVs (2GB) wouldn't take so long via wifi I would never connect my USB cable again for transfers :(
  • Any ETA on the update?
  • same problem, no access to the external sd card on samsung galaxy II I9100. does anyone know when an update for this bug is ready?
  • Airdroid only reports internal (application) storage and internal (SD) storage when I connect to my Droid RAZR. It can't see or report on my external SD. card. Please add that feature in the near future. My pictures are stored on the actual external SD card, so I can't see them in Airdroid.
  • On the Vizio VTAB1008 tablet the SD total space report 2.4G. I have there a 32G SD card.
    Be nice to fix that bug on the next update.

n48rag

• Some devices have an additional SD card but there is currently no public API for accessing its mount location, and it varies between devices. We will make improvement to this in future versions. But there's still much work ahead so we need your assistance and patience. Thanks!

• Thanks for remaining awareof this at AirDroid. My only follow comment is:  Being able to access that external SD card on RAZRs and other modern Android phones is key to making this a truly useful application. Some of us have 16 SD cards. That's a LOT of files that we can't see in AirDroid!
  • @ChuckzDroid We'll see what we can do to make improvement in future versions. Stay tuned. :-)

• edited March 2012
    i have the same bug on i9100 (also has one internal SD card and one external microSD card)
  • I have the same issue on At&T  Lenovo Thinkpad !  A solution to this problem will simply improve a software that already is great !!!!!!!!
    thank you !
    Alberto
  • edited April 2012
    I have a similar issue on my Droid X2 - I have a 32gb SD card, but it only recognizes 4.3gb.  Any idea yet of when this will be corrected?  TIA   :)>-

• Here is a fix, that worked for me!!
    But you need to root your phone for it.
  • yeah, external SD card not recognised on Galaxy S2...running updated version...

•   Hi, I have a SGS2 on GB based ROM (WIUI) and has the problem with the externalSD too. I could open the dir just fine (sdcard/external_sd) and see the files but now I tried to upload the 1.7GB file and gets a message that there is NOT enough space but I have about 8GB.

It looks like the AirDroid thinks that I have only 1.5GB free because thats the space on my internal SD card so thats the problem need to be solved ... besides this and few bugs here and there this is just ASTONISHING app!

JayM

PS: Wondering when the Czech translation will be available because - according to Your translation section - the language is already prepared.
  • I have this issue with my Motorola Photon.  The external sd card is refered to as sd-ext if that helps any.  It may be the same for all motorola devices.

The odd thing is that the music player detects and plays music that is on the external sd card, but the file browser doesn't see the external sd card at all.
  • The fix is for ICS roms. I have GB and it doesn't work.
    But doesn't really matter for me anymore. I would use only use airdroid for transferring photo's without cable, but I use dropbox camera upload for that now:)
  • The same with Samsung YP70, no external sd card detection.
  • I think the only problem is the file explorer/browser.. Every simple third party file explorer can access the system directory (not the root directory) where you can access both internal and external storage..
    Maybe those devs could help out to make the external storage available..
    just my 2 cents.
  • edited June 2012
    I have the same/similar issue.

I have a Samsung SGH-T697 (aka Exhibit II 4G).

It has internal memory (1000MB) and an internal (non-removable) 1GB "sd card"; and I have installed a 32GB microSD card.

Air Droid shows my 2GB card as full, and won't let me allow more files
    to my 32GB card.... which is a folder called "external_sd".
  • I'm having the same problem on a Toshiba 7" Tablet (AT1S0) Thrive.

Love to know when this is fixed.
  • I'm having the same problem on a Toshiba 7" Tablet (AT1S0) Thrive.

Love to know when this is fixed.
  • I have the same problem on my new Samsung Galaxy S3 with external SD 32Gb. But I don't have the problem with my old Samsung Galaxy S2 with external SD 16Gb. Please help me...
    Thanks
  • What really comes across strange to me is that on my Droid 4. I can not access the External SD card via the files link nor see it in any way for file searching and the Dash Board does not show it as a valid drive but the rest of the application is seeing it as i can play music off of it see photos and video from it, see books on it so the app is seeing it just why it is not reporting it or able to show the files on it is very strange.

• I'm also experiencing this issue on my Galaxy S3, it displays the internal SD card twice while I have an external one inserted.
  • I have same issue with Asus TF300T. Just a feedback.
  • Same problem here on my Samsung GT-P3110