Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Computer will not connect

AirDroid was working fine until I had to replace my phone (Samsung Note) with a new phone (same model). When I load Android on my phone, everything seems to work and it gives me the code to enter in my PC. When I use the web.airdroid.com signin, the progress bar is stuck on 0%. When I use the http://address signin, the progress bar goes to 100% and then freezes. I have done what I can but cant get it to work

Comments

• Hi everyone

I experience the same behaviour since i've updated Airdroid to version 1.0.9 today on my HTC Desire HD (Android).
    Tested on custom roms ICS (IceColdSandwich) and JellyBean (JellyTime). With previous version of airdroid, the connection between phone and pc was fine.

Lucky i'm, i had done a backup of previous version with Titanium Backup. After restoring it, i can use my precious Airdroid again

Hope the issue with newest version will be fixed soon 

Btw: thank for this great application!
  • edited August 2012
    Hi, I have just upadate to 1.0.9 on my SGS3 and I have the same problem ! 
    When I insert the password in my browser the page change and the progress bar freezes at 0%.
    I try with XP sp3 and Chrome last update.
    Then I go-back to 1.0.8 and all work great.

Thanks for your great app.
    I wait for fix.
    Bye
    max
  • same problem,no connection after update1.0.9.motorola milestone and motorola xoom.
  • Since update to 1.0.9 I can't connect any more (Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean). I get the connection sound and then the progress bar in the Browser (Chrome Version 21.0.1180.57 for Linux) freezes with the progress bar at 0%.

Pleaaaase, fix it :-)
  • New Version 1.0.9...doesn't work with Firefox 14.0.1...again went back to 1.0.7.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. Please specify (if you haven't) your web browser version so we can figure it out.
  • hy Ryan

My OS is Windows 7 - i've tried with Chrome v. 21.0.1180.75 m, Firefox v. 13.1 and Internet Explorer 9. Same issue, stuck on progress bar at 0% :(

Thank for fix
  • Hello Ryan,I use Chrome  version 21.0.1180.75 m with windows vista Home premium,
    progress bar at 0% .
  • Hello, I´m using Chrome 21.0.1180.60 with Windows 7 64Bit. 
    Same issue, stuck on progress bar at 0%
  • Hi,
    same problem.
    I use Chrome ver 21.0.1180.57 with OSX 10.7.4
  • Same problem, since update!

Google Chrome 21.0.1180.60 m
    Windows XP
  • edited August 2012
    New info : with verison 1.0.9 sometimes if I use 192.168.xxx.xxx and I insert the pass the connection goes on and I can arrive to the desktop page of Airdroid.
    But if I use the adress  web.airdroid.com  the problem still remain.
    Always on XP sp3   Chrome 21  and  SGS3
  • Same problem chrome 21.0.1180.75
    I really need AirDroid :(
  • Galaxy Nexus/Win7/Chome. just "Clear Data" in "App Info"
  • edited August 2012

• Same happened to me as told in another thread.
    My smartphone is HTC One S , OS Windows 7 and browser Firefox latest version and Chrome 21.0.1180.75 nevermind which one I use as the new version version 1.0.9 does not work (counter stuck on 0 after inserting pass ).
    Back to the previous version 1.0.8. it works fine (luckly as this is the most useful app for me)
  • Same problem here using a Galaxy s with CM 10 and chrome as say above just go in manage application and clear data for Airdroid (i clear application data and cache) :) thanks to gaetanoz :)
  • That's right ! I clear application data and chache and the app now goes well !!
    This in SGS3, Xp sp3 anch Chrome 21.

• Doesn't work for me either.  Ubuntu 11.10 , Chrome Version 21.0.1180.57,  Airdroid 1.0.9.

• same problem with web.airdroid.com and the QR code
    Browsers: SRWare Iron (Chromium) 20.0.1150.1; Maxthon 3.4.1.1000; Firefox 13.0.1; IE 9.0.8112.16421 IC
    OS: Win7 Home Premium x64 Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

the IP Adress :8888 thing works though
  • Still having problems connecting to computer with version 1.10 & Firefox 14.0.1...load bar just stays on 0.
  • the new update (Airdroid v1.1.0) fixed the problem for me
  • Hi i have been having issues to but "CLEARING DATA" solve the problem, no more getting stuck at 0%.

just "Clear Data" in "App Info"

As gaetanoz said on a previous comment

• NOW IT WORKS! NO MORE 0%!
    Thanks to aeorcr and gaetanoz for their helpfull answers I can now fully connect from web.airdroid.com

This is how I did it:

1. Using the latest version of Google Chrome (21.0.1180.89 m) I cleared the caché and cookies. (Here's a Google tutorial on how to do that http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582)

2. Cleared application data (Don't worry, it seems like it doesn't erases nothing important)
    You can find a tutorial on how to do this here: http://www.androidcentral.com/android-201-how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data

I hope that everyone here finds this solution as helpful as it was to me!

Cheers!
  • No Connect between Motorola Droid RAZR (AirdDroid v1.1.0) and Chrome (v21.0.1180.89 m) or MS Internet Explorer (v9.0.8112.16421).
  • LeoLeo
    edited September 2012
    Same problem. No connection between Samsung Galaxy S+ and newest Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE :( Air Droid v1.1.0
  • edited September 2013
    Same problem.No connection between MX2 and newest Chrome and IE.I clear data for Airdroid but it doesnt work.
  • I also have to disconnect and reconnect multiple time for AirDroid to work on the computer. For some reason it takes a while and then when it does connect it is not syncing properly.

• Hi Airdroid staff.

This seems to be something that should have been patched in the beta testing phase.

It also indicates that despite the myriad of software that facilitates file transfer from Samsung smart devices to any Apple branded hardware the petty bullshit that the two companies are involved in is not benefiting the clientele of the two brands at all.

My problem is such; I need to backup my SGS2 so I can hard reset and start from scratch. My USB/MTP is recognised by the MBP's USB but disconnects immediately. KIES AIR recognises the device and then disconnects. AFT does not even recognise the device via USB. I have ZERO way to backup my phone save doing it via micro SD card.

Airdroid 2 is installed on the SGS2 and scans the QR code but then fails to recognise my phone.

Now based on that information if I was an observer I would say that I'm in the shit, seeing as EVERY SINGLE APPLICATION designed for "easy" file transfer between an Android based phone and a Macbook is not an option.

To be honest I was *that* close to just purchasing premium version of Airdroid 2 after I found out that the "Free" version limited me to 100mb of file transfer, which is just disgusting IMO. I am glad I did not give away my coin to a program that does not deliver what it is supposed to.

Where are the patches/fixes to this problem Airdroid support? When should I and the other people expect to see this issue resolved?
  • Airdroid stuck at 100% doesn't load up!
    Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.67 beta-m
    Airdroid Version 2.1.0